Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Return to Caninopolis (However Brief)

Before I forget entirely about my adventure at the dog show, I should mention that there’s one photo I took at the dog show that features no four-legged ambassadors of puppy love. No dog show weirdos, either.

Just this:

324 129

It makes me laugh. Not being a dog show person, I don’t know what the hell it means, but I think it would be fun to tape to people’s backs.

Readers: Any idea what “best of opposite sex” means? Like, how does that even work? How can anything be the opposite sex?

3 comments:

  1. I thought this was it, but I looked up the American Kennel Club website to make sure.

    Best of Breed - the dog judged as the best in its breed category.

    Best of Opposite Sex - the best dog that is the opposite sex to the Best of Breed winner.

    Apparently, there is also a title called "Winners Bitch." This seems to me like something one can throw around at the office. My office, at any rate.

    http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/beginners.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was figuring there was a second "of" missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pedro: Thanks for sleuthing this out for me. You get "Best of Comments" for today.

    George: That being a highlight reel from the 1998 Don Roos movie?

    ReplyDelete