Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Encyclopedia Drew and the Abandoned Theater

Yesterday I visited the set of a TV show that was filming at the Los Angeles Theatre, an improbably beautiful, 1930s-era venue that is now essentially closed except as a rentable event or shooting space. That's a shame, really, because the theater is more beautiful-in-that-great-old-way than I'd expect to see anywhere in California, much less downtown Los Angeles. However, there it stands, grand but neglected. I took a single iPhone photo of the carved demons and angels that frame the balcony seats.


The results are about as good as you'd expect from an iPhone working in dim light. For a more professional take on the same wood detail, check out this photo at the official Los Angeles Theatre website. But I’m at least glad I have a memento of being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment